Coffee





This may be useful just for practice, remember that sentences that reflect a request start with a slightly raised voice tone. Nearly everyone of my classes reflect role play .... This develops confidence and decreases processing time allowing the student to respond at speed to various questions.



The student is placed in situations where they have to think in a second language rather than translate from a first to a second language.




Coffee shop:




Hi, what can I get you?

Good morning, what would you like?

What would you like?



Ordering a coffee:




Good morning

Could I have a coffee:



Black no sugar

Black with one sugar

Black with two sugars

White with one sugar

White with two sugars

White but milky

Strong( not a lot of milk)



Extra large

Large

Medium/ regular

Small



Additional vocabulary:



Please

Thank you

To go/ take away

To have here

To drink in

Glass

Cup

Cream

Extra

Sweetener

Spoons

Refill

Another ......

Weak

Strong

Thanks



Sentences:





Do you have?

Could I have?

I would like

Could we order

We would like

This coffee is cold

Could I order another one, please.

Could we get another round?





If you think that you are up for a real challenge, try my Novel lesson plan on this blog.... You can search for it using the search box...contact me today if you feel that I can help you develop your conversational skills. I will help prepare you for travel, a new job or raise your profile at work.





By: Sanj Saigal



Comments

Popular posts from this blog